Collection of Information
IDFC GROUP has all electronic and procedural safeguards in place to prevent unauthorized access to customer’s personal information and other sensitive personal data. While meeting our customer’s financial needs, we collect the following information about them:
- At the initial stage for IDFC GROUP products and services, we may collect information, as applicable, such as their name, address, age, income, and assets of the promoters of a project along with other relevant project details in a project plan.
- The project promoters and company financial information like account balances, payment history; account usage etc is also called for from the customers bankers. This is to get assurance on the information as given by our customers.
- We may also collect information on the agreements that the customer may have signed with third party/government agency for a specific project. This will give assurance that the project as proceed as planned without any hindrances.
We collect information about our customers for two important reasons:
- Firstly to ensure that we have all the relevant information to assess the project proposal to the best of our capabilities
- And provide customers with customized options in dealing with their project proposals depending on the information provided by them.
In general, IDFC GROUP through their websites collect personal information (such as name, job title, company, address, telephone number and e-mail address), which you knowingly provide (e.g. for sending us any queries through our website.), for use in our commercial relationship.
We will never collect information that is confidential in nature like passwords, ATM PIN etc
Use of Information
We do not disclose any personal or sensitive personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted or required by law. The information shall be used for such purposes connected with the function or activity of IDFC GROUP or any person on its behalf. Access to customer account(s) information is given to only those employees involved in providing the services the customers. All IDFC GROUP employees are required to keep all customers information confidential in accordance with the terms of the employment.
We honor our customer preferences about the information we share within the IDFC GROUP for marketing purposes. If the customer has already notified us of their privacy preferences, they don’t need to contact us again unless they want to change their preferences
Some examples of disclosures of customer personal information that we may make include the following:
- Disclosures that you authorize or that are necessary to provide you a loan or other product or service that you request, such as disclosures to fund your loan or sell your loan to another lender or an investor;
- Disclosures we make with your consent or at your direction;
- Disclosures to other companies which may be involved in collecting your account;
- Disclosures to protect the security or confidentiality of our records or to protect against fraud or unauthorized transactions;
- Disclosures to confirm the existence and details of your loan as requested by a third party, such as another financial institution;
- Disclosures to law enforcement or other government authorities when we suspect a crime may have been committed;
- Disclosures in conjunction with credit reporting, including disclosures to a credit reporting agency;
- Disclosures in connection with compliance, regulatory or financial audits of our records, including requests for information and audits by our lenders;
- Disclosures to comply with a legal requirement such as a court order or subpoena.
We shall not retain any sensitive personal data or information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose all of the personal information we collect to our consultants, agents and service providers on a confidential basis. Some examples of how we may disclose your personal information in such cases are as follows: We may hire another company to provide services for us and we may provide those companies information about our customers to send you new product offers or legally required notices on our behalf.
Security of Information
We restrict access to our customer personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to them. All IDFC GROUP employees are required to keep all customers personal/project information confidential. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect customer personal information. We regularly test, review, and update our technology and procedures for protecting personal information in accordance with this policy.
Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access this Website, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data and share it with our affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our websites and improve their performance or content.
"Cookies" – Information Stored Automatically on Your Computer
When you view this Website, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your PC next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor a Website to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Jurisdiction And Applicable Law
Questions and Comments