History & Timelines
Our Group was born out of the need for a specialized financial intermediary for infrastructure. Incorporated on January 30, 1997 in Chennai, our company was set up on the recommendations of the 'Expert Group on Commercialisation of Infrastructure Projects' under the Chairmanship of Dr. Rakesh Mohan.
Since then, we have been a leading catalyst for providing private sector infrastructure development in India. We focus on developing and leveraging our knowledge base in the infrastructure space to devise and provide appropriate financing solutions to our customers. Our strong capitalization reflects the crucial role that we play in infrastructure development.
Prev » « Next
- IDFC Completes 15 years with over 1.5 million investors.
- Launches “In Our Hands” an youth engagement initiative, to socialize the policy advocacy work being done under the aegis of the India Infrastructure Report (IIR).
- Releases a handbook titled “EVOLVING PERSPECTIVES IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF INDIAN INFRASTRUCTURE”, encompassing the policy work done in the last 15 years.
- Certified as India's first "Green Data Centre".
- IDFC opens an office in US.
- Sets up IDFC Foundation as a Section 25 Company for all its developmental work.
- IDFC & Natixis Global Asset Management enter into a strategic partnership.
- Raise USD 310 million of ECB's.
- Starts "Partners Program".
- Raises additional capital of Rs. 26,542 million through a Qualified Institution Placement at Rs.168.25 per share and CCPS at a conversion price of Rs.176 per share. Government shareholding reduces to 18%.
- Classified as an Infrastructure Finance Company (IFC).
- Raises Rs. 480 crores in the first tranche of its Long Term Infrastructure Bonds.
- The company's loan book crosses Rs. 20,000 crore with more than 200 infrastructure projects funded.
- Establishes IDFC Foundation to focus on capacity building, policy advisory and sustainability initiatives.
- Becomes part of Nifty 50.
- Successfully raises $930 million through the India Infrastructure Fund to invest equity capital in infrastructure projects and $700 million in its third private equity fund.
- Enters into asset management by acquiring the AMC business of Standard Chartered Bank in India.
- Incorporates IDFC Capital (Singapore) Pte Limited, for an emerging markets private equity fund-of-funds business.
- Raises Rs. 2,100 crore through QIP.
- Sets up IDFC Project Equity Company Limited as a specialized project finance entity focused on developing Indian infrastructure projects.
- Establishes IDFC Projects to develop, implement, own and operate projects in the infrastructure space.
- Successfully raises $450 million for its second infrastructure - focused private equity fund.
- Becomes a public company after listing its shares on NSE and BSE.
- Successfully raises $200 million for the India Development Fund, the first infrastructure-focused private equity fund.
- Sets up IDFC Private Equity as an investment manager for private equity funds.
- Sets up Uttaranchal Infrastructure Development Company Limited (UDEC).
- Gets registered with SEBI as a debenture trustee.
- Sets up Infrastructure Development Corporation (Karnataka) Limited (iDeCK).
- Gets registered with SEBI as a merchant banker.
- Is notified as a Public Financial Institution under Section 4A of the Companies Act.
- IDFC is founded on the recommendations of the 'Expert Group on Commercialization of Infrastructure Projects' under the Chairmanship of Dr. Rakesh Mohan. The group is conceptualized to channel private capital into commercially viable projects.