Mumbai; February 01, 2013
Loan Book increased by 22%, NII Loans increased by 31%, PAT net of principal gains increased by 33% and reported PAT increased by 7%
- Balance sheet size as on December 31, 2012 - 68,923 crore : 19% Y-o-Y increase
- Gross Loan book as on December 31, 2012 - 54,104 crore : 22% Y-o-Y increase
- Net Interest Income for 9MFY13 - 1,921 crore : 27% Y-o-Y increase
NII Loans for 9MFY13 - 1,762 crore : 31% Y-o-Y increase
- Operating Expenses for 9MFY13 - 374 crore
- Reported PAT for 9MFY13 - 1,310 crore : 7% Y-o-Y increase.
PAT (net of principal gains) for 9MFY13 - 1,253 crore : 33% Y-o-Y increase
- Average spreads for rolling 12 month period ending Dec-12 - 2.5% (FY2012 - 2.3%)
- NIMs for rolling 12 month period ending Dec-12 - 4.2% (FY2012 - 4.3%)
- Capital Adequacy at 22.5% as on December 31, 2012 (of which Tier I at 20.2%)
- Gross NPAs at 0.26% and Net NPAs at 0.12% of outstanding loans.
- Average Assets under management - 37,868 crore
At its 92nd Board Meeting held on February 1, 2013, the Board of Directors of IDFC Limited approved financial results for the period April 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012.
- The balance sheet grew by 19% from 58,016 crore as on December 31, 2011 to 68,923 crore as on December 31, 2012.
- Gross Loan book increased by 22% from 44,476 crore as on December 31, 2011 to 54,104 crore as on December 31, 2012.
- Gross Approvals decreased by 13% from 21,666 crore in 9MFY12 to 18,838 crore in 9MFY13.
- Gross Disbursements increased by 5% from 12,503 crore in 9MFY12 to 13,071 crore in 9MFY13.
- Cumulative Outstanding Approvals was 74,012 crore as on December 31, 2012.
Operating Income increased by 9% from 2,255 crore in 9MFY12 to 2,459 crore in 9MFY13.
Net Interest Income (NII) increased by 27% from 1,511 crore in 9MFY12 to 1,921 crore in 9MFY13.
- NII from loans increased by 31% from 1,340 crore in 9MFY12 to 1,762 crore in 9MFY13.
- NII from treasury operations decreased by 7% from 171 crore in 9MFY12 to 159 crore in 9MFY13.
- Average spreads increased from 2.3% in FY 2012 to 2.5% in rolling 12 months period Jan-12 to Dec-12.
- NIMs decreased from 4.3% in FY 2012 to 4.2% in rolling 12 months period Jan-12 to Dec-12.
Non Interest Income decreased by 28% from 726 crore in 9MFY12 to 519 crore in 9MFY13.
- Income from principal gains decreased by 82% from 321 crore in 9MFY12 to 58 crore in 9M FY13
- Asset management Income stable at ~ 220 crore in 9MFY13 compared to 9MFY12.
- Investment banking and Institutional broking income decreased by 12% from 44 crore in 9MFY12 to 39 crore in 9MFY13.
- Fixed Income increased by 35% from 46 crore in 9MFY12 to 62 crore in 9M FY13
- Loan related and other fees increased by 49% from 95 crore in 9MFY12 to 141 crore in 9MFY13.
Operating Expenses remain stable~ 374 crore in 9MFY13 compared to 9MFY12.
- HR Expenses were at 214 crore in 9MFY13.
- Non-HR Expenses were at 160 crore in 9MFY13.
- Profit Before Tax increased by 13% from 1,682 crore in 9MFY12 to 1,900 crore in 9MFY13.
- After accounting for minority interest, tax and share of profit in associate company, reported PAT increased by 7% from 1,219 crore in 9MFY12 to 1,310 crore in 9MFY13.
- Net of principal gains in 9MFY12, PAT increased by 33% from 945 crore in 9MFY12 to 1,253 crore in 9MFY13.
- EPS (diluted) increased from 8.01 per share in 9MFY12 to 8.62 per share in 9MFY13.
Enclosed Annex 'A' provides details on Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and key ratios on a Y-o-Y basis.
For further details, please contact:
Mr. Arun Raste
Tel: + 91 22 4222 2019